Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where oh where has my little blog gone?

Oh man I have neglected my blog AGAIN! Maybe blogging isn't for me? Once more I will try to post something more often. Last fall I ran acrossed a sale on Etsy. A gal was completely unloading her gemstone beads. The prices were incredible and although I dont do a whole lot of gemstone beading, I could not pass up the savings. So I bought a heap of genuine stuff. Then it took me a good six months to gather knowledge in materials and techniques, I wanted to create some really 'nice' pieces. So this past weekend I finally took some pictures of my recent results.

Above is a long and chunky jasper mix chain. It comes together mid-chest with the ends creating a tassle effect. The brass Chinese Knife Money charms tinkle against the stones. This necklace makes a huge statement, really a fun piece. I must confess, I am not totally happy with it at this point. While it is long enough to fit over my head - I want to remove the big white stone in the back and replace it with a large brass closure. I just have to find the right set. I imagine a couple of large brass hook type closures but haven't run acrossed the perfect choice yet. Might have to settle for a toggle clasp I found at Rings & Things. What do you think? (420)

No comments: