Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Wrote a Book!

The Inside Passage...
By For Yaeko & Family


My mother in-law took the family on a 10 day cruise thru the Alaskan Passage last summer. I put this book together as a thank you to her and a way to remember the wonderful time we had. It was fun to make, although really time consuming. I have often wanted to actually publish something and it is on my list of things to do. This is the first step I suppose!

I have another book that hasn't been uploaded to Blurb yet. The 'soon to be released' book (haha, really pushing myself here!) chronicles the first couple years of my work in polymer clay. I plan to keep it handy at art shows, and it will proudly sit on the coffee table between show dates. It is a neat way to show past work and items that have sold. Personally, it has become my treasure chest of accomplishments. I foresee a collection of books published one by one as I journey through one inspiration after another.

I suggest everyone download the Blurb program and try a book yourself! It is a great gift if even to yourself. My mind is full of ideas! My grandmothers recipes, those 100 year old photos stored away safely in my living room trunk, maybe a childrens book showcasing my own grandchildren? What about all the pictures of flowers I take every summer.... hmmmmm, endless possibilities. Have fun!

No comments: