Friday, July 6, 2007

We've all got to start somewhere....

DECEMBER 2004 I will begin my blog with my beginnings in polymer.... it all started at a Christmas party given by my close friend and artist Kathy. Her house was decked to the nines with trees and lights everywhere! What caught my eye were the realistic looking Santa's she had perched here and there. I couldnt figure out how the heck she made these creatures! She told me to get some clay, the kind you bake in the oven. I kept thinking "you mean that stuff kids make blob monsters with?" So, I set out to make my own Santa. He is somewhat raw and unfinished, a little out of proportion here and there.... but I was thoroughly pleased with his outcome! And, I was hooked on polymer clay! Here he is, 'Father Christmas' December 2004:


Click image for full view.

No comments: