Tuesday, July 17, 2007

SUMMERS END 2006

The leaf impressions I had done intrigued me, so did the stamping. I started making pendants. Still struggling with color, I tried inks and colored pencils.



Using the internet, I searched keyword Polymer Clay and was overwhelmed by the list of resources. Discovering The Glass Attic was like opening the encyclopedia of clay! Glass Attic introduced me to polymer clay artists with incredible talents. The works of Donna Kato, Maureen Carlson, and Sharon Cipriano floored me. I had so much to learn!

A real turning point in my clay journey was discovering Etsy. Etsy is a community of artists, coming together to sell their art. I knew I wanted to be a part of this movement! Inspired by the shop creations, I (prematurely) opened my own online store early in the fall of 2006. I immediately sold the Green Koi (pictured center above), but really hadn't mastered my clay techniques. The ball was rolling, and gaining momentum! The next couple of months brought much joy to me as I uncovered the many beautiful techniques possible with polymer clay!

No comments: